03 Jun 5 Tips for Summer Pest Control in Fayetteville, NC
With temperatures rising and the unofficial start to summer behind us, it’s time to start thinking about pest control for your Fayetteville, NC home if you haven’t already. Summer is prime time for pests of all kinds. If you get behind on pest control now, you could end up with an infestation you would rather live without.
The good news is that with the proper pest control maintenance, you can rest assured that your Fayetteville home will be pest-free all summer long and you’ll be likely to have fewer extermination costs.
As pest control experts and exterminators, we can offer you some tips to try now, before things really begin to heat up:
- Replace old weather-stripping around your home. Think cracks in doors and windows. Pests love to sneak in, and these small spaces make the perfect entrance. You should also consider repairing any cracks in the mortar or foundation of your Fayetteville home to keep pests out.
- Store food in sealed containers. If you can smell those freshly baked cookies, you can bet that pests will too. And you know what they say – if you feed a mouse a cookie…
- Speaking of which, throw away overripe fruits and vegetables. We’re talking to you bananas! But truly, if you must make that banana bread, be sure to properly clean and store your bananas when you bring them home (this goes for all fruits and vegetables) to help control pests like fruitflies.
- Don’t let your garbage sit out. Keep counters bare and clean. Trash should be promptly disposed of into a covered container. Then, trash should be taken out at regular intervals.
- Divert water away from your home and eliminate areas of standing water around your home to control pests. Have you ever noticed how gnats and mosquitos like to hang around ponds or creeks? Help out your exterminator by getting keeping your foundation and yard well-drained and dry.
Keeping your Fayetteville home free from pests can be achieved with a little extra effort, particularly in these warm summer months. Follow these steps and make sure you’re signed up for a pest control maintenance plan. Your exterminator and your wallet will thank you! If you find yourself with a pest infestation, we can help you. Call Eco Advantage to schedule your free estimate for pest control today at 910-425-6415.