13 Nov Our Safe Solution for Pest Control
As any homeowner or renter knows, pests are not just a problem for the great outdoors. Food and a comfortable indoor environment can attract a wide variety of pests, from ants to mice, into your home. Our safest solutions for pest control is always in the application method. The EPA certifies every applicable material we use and we ensure that our service professionals are trained to use them effectively and safely. We employ Integrated Pest Management (IPM) systems and Green Pest solutions to meet our clients’ needs. Using IPM in the home can make your household a little less appealing, or at least less accessible to these unwanted guests.
What is IPM?
Integrated pest management (IPM) is the coordinated use of information about pests, the environment, and evidence-based pest control methods to prevent and manage pest infestations. IPM is a way to remove pests, like cockroaches, mice, and rats from a home. IPM is a common sense approach that:
• Denies pests food, water, shelter, and a way to enter the home.
• Uses baits and powders, such as gel baits, traps, and borate powder.
Why use IPM?
IPM uses the most economical methods and with the least possible hazard to people, property, and the environment. IPM programs focus on preventive measures—getting at the root of the problem before an infestation occurs. IPM should be part of weatherization and healthy housing initiatives. Fixing ways that pests get into buildings keeps the pests out, weatherizes buildings,
and keeps buildings dry. IPM does more than control pests. IPM is safer. IPM does not use as many harmful pesticides as traditional pest control.
• Avoiding pesticides is especially important in homes. Pesticides can contain long lasting, toxic chemicals or lung irritants that cause asthma attacks. Children are among those most vulnerable to exposure. IPM strategies apply pesticides only as needed and use the least hazardous pesticides to control pests.
• IPM works better. IPM is better at keeping the roaches and other pests away for long periods of time compared to spraying of pesticides or other poisons. IPM works by addressing the cause of the problem and taking a long term approach to reducing pests. Using pesticides can cause pests to build up a resistance to the poison so that the chemicals do not work as well over time, and do not stop the pests from coming back to your home.
• All pests need food, water, and shelter. IPM works by taking away the things pests need using sanitation, monitoring, and exclusion.
IPM key pest eradication techniques:
• Inspecting for pests
• Identifying pests
• Control by pest professionals
Eco Advantage IPM professionals utilize various methods to identify, monitor and solve the pest problem without using lots of pesticides.
Limit exposure to public health pests
Pests and pesticides can each create health risks for people. IPM helps reduce exposure to both. Cockroaches and rodents have been identified as allergens and asthma triggers. They are public health pests because of the risks they can cause for building staff and residents, especially children and the elderly. Exposure to pesticides can also be problematic, particularly for those with chemical sensitivities.
Repairing your property can cut energy bills, reduce moisture, and minimize future pest infestations. Focusing on pests in a targeted way may increase costs and labor time at first, but when the underlying causes of pest problems are fixed, overall expenses will decrease. You will save time when infestations are limited to periodic introductions. You will also minimize the cost of pest damage and can prevent the secondary problems that occur when residents try to control pests on their own.
Eco Advantage IPM Professionals
We at Eco Advantage care about the health and safety of your family. We will discuss your family needs with you and together we will find the best practical application methods to serve you. We offer green solutions at Eco Advantage and will be happy to accommodate you. While
there are always going to be situations where traditional pesticides are needed, at Eco Advantage we respect the environment and our number one priority is protecting people while ridding you of harmful pests.
We offer monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly services as well as one time sprays. With the quarterly contract, if you have pest control issues during the 90 day period, we will return at no cost to you. Eco Advantage offers a free estimate of our pest control, termite control and exterminator services in Hope Mills, Fayetteville, NC and surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free consultation 910-423-6415.